Mass Timber Production Team Leader
Are You Inspired? Mass Timber Career Opportunity:
West Kootenay-based Kalesnikoff has completed constructing a new $36 million Mass Timber facility between Castlegar and Nelson, B.C. which will use state-of-the-art equipment from European and other exceptional manufacturers. This will be the most advanced fully integrated mass timber facility in North America, producing exceptionally high-quality cross-laminated timber and glulam beams. Leading architects, engineers, designers and project managers around the world are increasingly seeking high-quality, customized mass timber products to create stunning, sustainable, and energy-efficient buildings. We believe Mass Timber will positively transform building design and wood innovation here in North American as it has in Europe and we’re thrilled to play a role in this evolution.
Role & Objective:
The Production Team Leader for the glulam beam and cross-laminated timber panel manufacturing facility will be responsible for executing a highly effective plant safety program, maintaining a dynamic team-building environment, and achieving production and quality targets.
- Uphold our safety program standards, including all necessary documentation, in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Accountable for achieving production targets and quality expectations – from the point of raw materials to manufactured product.
- Maintain a detailed production schedule that aligns with project and customer expectations.
- Grow the operations team through coaching, training, and performance feedback.
- Optimize plant equipment and operations flow to achieve quality standards and efficiencies
- Ensure production of quality products in alignment with Kalesnikoff world-class standards
- Observe production and highlight opportunities to gain efficiencies through cost reductions, recovery opportunities and improving work environments
- Post-secondary education at an academic or technical school
- Proven history in safety excellence
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a leadership role in manufacturing, preferably industry-related
- Experience working with engineered wood products would be an asset
- Knowledge of wood manufacturing equipment and processes
- Excellent communications skills verbally and written
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Strong leadership skills with a results-oriented focus
Contact information/how to apply:
The Production Team Leader is a salaried position and will be an integral part of our Kalesnikoff Leadership Team. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to by December 4, 2020
About Kalesnikoff: Since 1939 and over four generations, our team has been inspired by forests and the endless possibilities for designing and building with wood. We practice sustainable forest management and are dedicated to preserving the beautiful environment in which we live and work. As one of the cleanest and most well-managed, high-technology speciality mills in B.C., we are committed to supporting our customers, communities and environment while producing some of the finest grain and highest quality softwood lumber products in the world. As an independent, family-owned and operated company, we think in terms of generations, not quarters and we recognize that people are our most valuable resource.