Our Environmental Policy
Kalesnikoff Lumber Company Ltd. is an innovative manufacturer of high value specialty forest products offering unparalleled quality to our customers. We value integrity and creativity and respect our relationships with each other, our employees, and our customers.
The company is committed to sustaining and enhancing the environmental, economic, and social benefits that our forest resources provide to our communities. To achieve these objectives, we will strive to:
- Practice sustainable forestry with a stewardship ethic that integrates reforestation and forest management with the conservation of soil, air, and water quality, biological diversity, wildlife and aquatic habitat, recreation, and aesthetics.
- Promote diversity of wildlife habitats, forest types, and natural ecological communities.
- Promote employee and contractor awareness and training in their environmental responsibilities.
- Recognize the values of First Nations groups and stakeholders.
- Manage forests and lands of special significance to account for their unique qualities.
- Manage our operations to comply with all relevant legal requirements, and international agreements.
- Operate in a manner that limits environmental impact, prevents pollution, and protects the health and safety of its employees, and the public.
- Adhere to the Forest Stewardship Council – British Columbia regional standards.
- Set, monitor, measure, and report environmental objectives and targets to ensure continual improvement of our environmental management system.
Careful planning for balanced stewardship today ensures the sustainability of our forests, environment, and communities for future generations.
Ken Kalesnikoff President & CEO