Kalesnikoff lumber is hiring Operations Leadership for our Planer, Sawmill or Remanufacturing Facilities! As a member of the Operations Leadership Team you will be responsible for continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, Value and Production objectives. You will build employee engagement, and work closely with Quality Control, Maintenance and other Operations Leadership Team Members to ensure overall plant efficiency. You will be responsible for planning, coordination, scheduling and execution of production activities in your department.
- Ensuring all production activities follow Safe Work Practices and Policies
- Continuing to improve Safety Performance
- Measuring and managing Safety KPIs
- Provide support, education, direction and motivation to personnel and operators
- Build and foster an environment of trust, recognition, and accountability
- Provide effective coaching to further grow and develop employees in their careers
- Develop and monitor performance standards and expectations for machine centers and operators, alike.
- Participate in cross team training and education, to improve upon performance metrics.
- Provide detailed and accurate reporting for Safety, Quality and Production performance related matters
- Track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and implement improvement strategies
- Optimize and manage flow, recognize and address upset conditions
- Complete performance appraisals with personnel, complete reports, attend meetings and general administrative requirements of the role
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in fast-paced, quality oriented manufacturing environment.
- Solid understanding of OH&S Safety Regulation
- Sawmill/Planer experience is an asset and will be considered
- Lumber Grading certificate is an asset
- Post-Secondary education in Forestry, Manufacturing, Business, Wood Products Processing, or Commerce is an asset
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies:
- Belief and commitment to Core Values in Safety, Quality, Stewardship and Sustainable Management
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Excellent Leadership Skills (inspirational/motivational, organization, troubleshooting, communication (written/verbal)
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
About our Company:
Kalesnikoff Lumber Company is a locally owned and operated Sawmill, Planer and Remanufacturing Facility in the heart of the Kootenay Region. We are a trusted manufacturer of specialty lumber and quality interior products. We are on our 4th generation of family leadership and have built a legacy that we continue to grow. We pride ourselves in safely delivering quality products, environmental stewardship, and extracting the most value out of every log.