Since establishing Kalesnikoff’s sawmill in 1939, we have been inspired by forests and the endless possibilities for designing and building with wood. Located between Nelson and Castlegar, BC in the fertile West Kootenay wet belt, we have practiced sustainable forest management for 80 years, operating as one of the cleanest, well run specialty mills in British Columbia. It’s our passion that drives us to make the best use of every log we touch. Through 4 generations of family management, we have been dedicated to preserving the beautiful landscape in which we operate, while supplying a premium quality product. Here at Kalesnikoff, we are committed to supporting our customers, communities and environment. As an independent, family owned and operated company, we think in terms of generations, not quarters. We recognize that people are our most valuable resource. As we continue to grow, we’re searching for individuals who enjoy a hands-on approach to work tasks, and thrive in a team based environment.
Role & Objective:
We are currently looking to hire full-time entry-level employees for our sawmill. Previous mill experience is not required as on-site training will be provided. Kalesnikoff offers entry-level employees opportunities to grow within the company and develop more specialized skill sets.
Skills & Knowledge
• High school diploma or General Equivalent Diploma (GED)
• Valid class 5 driver’s license
• A commitment to safety in the workplace
• Flexible approach to work tasks with a willingness to support other departments as required
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team
• Support continuous improvement and contribute to cost savings initiatives
You can expect a goal-oriented, team work environment, flexible hours and shifts and a very competitive wage.