Overview of the Role
We are looking for a passionate, energetic and creative Communications Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will work closely with our Marketing, Communications and Woodlands teams and will help us to achieve our communications objectives in all parts of our business. This is a new position and the ideal candidate will be a strategic, passionate, and nimble critical thinker who helps us to demonstrate our commitment to supporting our communities, employees, environment and customers.
This is an exciting time for our company as we focus on developing our business. As a fourth generation, family owned company, we are proud to be nearing our 80th year of business in Specialty Forest Products. Kalesnikoff Lumber Company is located between Castlegar and Nelson, B.C., Canada. Our area offers year-round activities for outdoor enthusiasts: from skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling to hiking, fishing, sailing and camping. Our vibrant family-oriented communities boast excellent arts, culture and entertainment.
Main Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage social and digital channels to support strategic objectives
- Research relevant traditional media coverage and social media and share with Leadership
- Develop and maintain stakeholder and community contact lists and interests to support community and stakeholder engagement and information distribution (using MailChimp or similar)
- Maintain media list, including contact information, key interests and coverage
- Write and edit internal and external communications, consistent with the company’s communications goals
- Help plan and lead coordination of internal and external events
- Manage inquiries from media, community and stakeholders with support from subject matter experts
- Assist with marketing and branding initiatives as needed
- Work with our Kalesnikoff Cares committee to facilitate a positive impact on our community, environment and our employees and their families
Education and Experience
- Diploma or degree in marketing, media studies, communications or public relations
- 2+ years of related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of all relevant social media and digital platforms, with proven track record managing these platforms. (including typical social channels, Hootsuite or similar, WordPress, Survey Monkey, MailChimp)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office platforms: Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Preference given to candidates with some graphic design skills (InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, or Acrobat, etc).
- Web design experience (HTML, CSS, PHP) also considered an asset, but not necessary
- Superior writing and editing skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, within budget, with minimal supervision
- Displays sound decision making judgement
- Smart, talented, able to think quickly and work under pressure
- Great personal skills, organized, self-starter motivated
- A team player who flourishes in a culture of collaboration
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
- Full of awesome ideas and eager to implement them!
- Experience working with business professionals and stakeholders.
If you think you have the skills and experience to join our team and succeed in this role, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit to email@example.com. The closing date for this application is Wednesday January 9th. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.