Safety – Our Number One Priority
Kalesnikoff Lumber Co. Ltd’s forestry operations maintains SAFE certification under the BC Forest Safety Council’s SAFE Companies Program. SAFE Companies is a major BC Forest Safety Council initiative to improve forest industry safety. SAFE certification demonstrates that KLC’s woodlands’ safety policies, programs, and practices have met the SAFE Companies Program Small Employer Base Standard.
Occupational Health and Safety Policy
Kalesnikoff Lumber Company Ltd. strives to ensure the health and safety of all persons present at our workplace. To achieve this objective, we will:
- Manage our operations to comply with or exceed legal requirements pertaining to health and safety.
- Strive to identify, control, or eliminate hazards that may compromise the health and safety of persons at the workplace.
- Establish objectives and targets that provide continual improvement in the performance of our Occupational Health and Safety Management System..
- Communicate our Occupational Health and Safety Policy and responsible work practices to our employees and contractors.
- Comply with all applicable social laws at the federal, provincial, and local level.
Ken Kalesnikoff President & CEO